Our Positive Living Volunteers support families in Hampshire who are experiencing challenging situations in their lives to achieve agreed goals and move forwards as a stronger family unit.
Volunteers work alongside Family Support Workers (FSW) and independently with the family they are supporting. Volunteers offer practical solutions to build on the family’s existing strengths in order to deliver on an agreed ‘family plan’.
There are various ways as a volunteer you can help vulnerable people to take steps to positive living and improve their lives such as:
- Helping parents to complete forms
- Attending appointments with them
- Building on parenting skills
- Helping them work towards employment or interests in training or education
- Taking part in tasks such as shopping and trips out
- Improving confidence and skills using ICT