This Team is seeking enthusiastic and motivated volunteers to join and work alongside them in a number of roles including:
- Assisting with activity days during school holidays, such as a day trips, themed day or outdoor pursuit
- Help with regular groups and clubs, supporting these children, young people and making their families feel welcome and enable them to join in with the activities as well as help the organisers to set up and clear away
- Being a “Buddy” for a family which includes visiting their home and spending time with a child or young person; allowing the parent/carer a break to do other things such as housework or time with their other children
- Being a “Buddy” for a child or young person and helping them to develop social skills or access things in the local community; alongside their parent/carer
- ‘Mystery Shopper’ finding out more about new organisations offering short breaks and enabling this valuable information to be passed onto families
What personal qualities are we looking for?
Volunteers for this role will need to:
- Be caring, enthusiastic and have a flexible approach with these young people, who at times can be challenging.
- Be able to offer general support and encouragement to children and young people.
- Have some experience of working with or supporting disabilities, this will be an advantage but not essential.
the use of a car is desirable.